What does glxgears command do?
GLX-Gears. You can invoke it by typing “glxgears” on a terminal. This will open up a window with an OpenGL rendering of a simple arrangement of three rotating gears. The frame rate is measured and printed out on the terminal every five seconds.
What is glxgears in linux?
glxgears is a small and simple MESA OpenGL demonstration program that comes with GNU/Linux distributions. It’s technically a part of mesa-demos but it ships with the glx-utils package and is thus installed as a default (unlike other mesa-demo programs like glxheads, shape, offset, etc).
What is Glxinfo command?
glxinfo is a command-line tool that can help you diagnose problems with your 3D acceleration setup. It can also provide additional helpful information for developers. Use man glxinfo to get an overview of its options.
How do I check my GPU on Linux?
How to Check Your GPU in Linux
- Press “Ctrl, “Alt,” and “T” to open a terminal.
- In the terminal, type the following “lspci | grep VGA.”
- Tap “Enter.”
- You’ll see information about your GPU.
How do I check my graphics card performance Ubuntu?
You can test your card using Ubuntu’s built-in diagnostics.
- Click the “Dash” icon at the top of your Launcher, the colorful strip of icons down the left of your screen. …
- Type “System Testing” in the search bar, then click the program’s icon when it appears.