What is a hardware in computer PDF?
Hardware is any part of the computer that you can touch. The seeming miles of wires that get tangled on your desk, the CD drive, the monitor are all hardware. Software is a set of electronic instructions consisting of complex codes (Programs) that make the computer perform tasks.
What are the basic parts of computer hardware?
5 parts of a computer
- A motherboard.
- A Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- A Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), also known as a video card.
- Random Access Memory (RAM), also known as volatile memory.
- Storage: Solid State Drive (SSD) or Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
What are the parts of computer hardware and its function?
A computer system is a set of integrated devices that input, output, process, and store data and information. Computer systems are currently built around at least one digital processing device. There are five main hardware components in a computer system: Input, Processing, Storage, Output and Communication devices.
What are the 7 major components of a computer PDF?
What Are the 7 Major Components of a Computer?
- Motherboard. Motherboard, also called system board, is the main printed circuit board in most computers. …
- CPU. …
- Graphics Card. …
- Hard Drive. …
- Network Card. …
- Monitor. …
- USB Ports.
What is computer hardware and its types?
The hardware of the computer system includes monitor, CPU, keyboard, mouse, printer, sound system, RAM, hard disk and many more. Hardware is used for taking input data from the user, store the data and display the output and execute the commands given by an individual.
What is hardware concept?
The term hardware refers to mechanical device that makes up computer. Computer hardware consists of interconnected electronic devices that we can use to control computer’s operation, input and output. Examples of hardware are CPU, keyboard, mouse, hard disk, etc.
What are the 10 types of hardware?
10 examples of computer hardware are ::
- Main memory(RAM)
- Expansion cards.
- Power supply unit.
- Optical disc drive.
- Hard disk drive (HDD)
What are the types of hardware?
Different Types of Hardware and Their Examples
||Mouse and keyboard
||Monitor and printer
|Secondary storage devices
||CD, DVD, and hard disk
||Motherboard, RAM, and CPU (Central Processing Unit)
What are the 4 types of hardware?
Hardware devices can be classified into four distinct categories:
- Input devices: For raw data input.
- Processing devices: To process raw data instructions into information.
- Output devices: To disseminate data and information.
- Storage devices: For data and information retention.
What is the 20 examples of hardware?
20 Examples of Computer Hardware
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Power Supply.
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Video Card.
- Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Optical Disc Drive (e.g. BD drive, DVD drive, CD drive)
What are the 4 main components of a computer PDF?
Basic Components of Computer
- Input Unit.
- Output Unit.
- Memory Unit.
- Control Unit.
- Arithmetical and Logical Unit.
What are the 7 parts of CPU?
This figure is sufficient for our purposes without being overly complex.
- Arithmetic logic unit. …
- Instruction register and pointer. …
- Cache. …
- Memory management unit. …
- CPU clock and control unit. …
- Random access memory (RAM) …
- Supercharging the instruction cycle. …
What are the 6 main parts of a computer?
6 Main Parts of Computer And Their Functions- Edifyclue
- Parts of Computer And Their Functions.
- Processor or CPU.
- Storage Devices.
- Input Devices.
- Output Device. 6 Main parts of the computer. Units of Memory.
What are the 5 types of hardware and software?
Input devices –Mouse, Keyboard, Touchpad, Scanners, Joystick, Webcam, etc. Output devices – Monitor, Printer, Headphones, Speakers, etc. Storage devices – Hard disk, DVD, etc. Internal components – Motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.